Thursday, February 7, 2008

FUND RAISED IN AID OF EPILEPSY PROJECT

8 November 2002 marked my first fundraising project in aid of Lions Club Of Petaling Jaya Metro – Epilepsy Division.



As an epilepsy activist I had engaged the service of my friends who are members of Lions Club PJ Metro to render their time and commitment in doing epilepsy awareness work. I had the opportunity to meet and discuss with Mr Khor Seng Chew Music Director/Producer of Dama Orchestra concerning my objective to raise fund for the Lions Club. Mr Khor was very supportive of my noble cause. He graciously allowed one of his concert nights to be a platform for my fundraising.















First Picture: Serene (in blue dress) with Lions Club members
Second Picture: Tan Soo Suan (second from left) with Lions Club members

A concert entitled FRAGRANCE OF THE NIGHT ( The Life And Songs Of Li
Xiang Lan ) sang by popular soprano songstress Tan Soo Suan made its successful debut on 8 Nov 2002. There were ten nights of performances starting from 8 till 24 Nov 2002. Throughout the shows the studio packed audiences were treated to Tan’s pure, clear-as-a-bell voice that did not require the assistance of any enhanced acoustics. The audiences were extremely supportive of the performances and the standing ovations were most impressive. Applauses were so thunderous and non stopping that had Tan appear on stage again after the end of the concert to sing another two songs for the encores.


I was invited to be on stage with Tan and Dama Orchestra members. I thanked Mr Khor and members as well as Tan for their willingness and generosity in allowing me to be a part of their great success. I also thanked the audience on my fundraising night for their support and contribution towards a noble cause.


TOGETHER WE WILL ALL MAKE A GREAT DIFFERENCE IN SOCIETY

On January 2003 my Lions Club friends started making visitation trips to several poor and needy homes of PWE ( People With Epilepsy ) to survey and find out how mental support and financial assistance can be given. Two beneficiaries were identified to benefit from the fund I raised. Aid in the form of monthly disbursement of money and material things like sofa set, beds, food and grocery items and a motorbike had been given to the beneficiaries.

Today my Lions Club friends are still reaching out to educate and aid more poor and deserving PWE . I am very happy to be a part of Lions Club PJ Metro’s Epilepsy Division. I hope I will be able to establish more new links with other NGOs ( Non Governmental Organisations ) to help disseminate knowledge about EPILEPSY.

DOING EPILEPSY AWARENESS WORK IS AN ENDLESS JOB. IT IS MY HOPE THAT MORE EPILEPSY ACTIVIST WILL BE INSPIRED BY MY DEDICATION AND COMMITMENT AND WILL BE ENTHUSIASTIC TO WALK ALONG WITH ME IN MY JOURNEY OF PREACHING EPILEPSY TO THE PUBLIC.



Acknowledgement from Dama Orchestra


No comments: