Monday, January 12, 2009


HAPPY ONE YEAR OLD

I remember how on this day last year my son, Edmund, helped me to start this blog. I sat beside my son watching him click everywhere on the laptop to get the blog started. I was thrilled to gigabytes to see the birth of my blog but at the same time was overwhelmed with worries on how I was going to maintain and keep the blog going.

Time passed by like the speed of lightning and today marks the first anniversary of this blog. With guidance and wisdom from God, I have successfully maintained my blog well. Early last month, Wellsphere.com, a renowned health website in USA, had nominated my blog for participation in its 1st Annual People's Health Bloggers Award. The purpose of the voting campaign is to identify the No. 1 Top Health Blog out of 100 health blogs. The voting had started on the 15th of December 2008 and will end on the 15th of January 2009. I am extremely pleased by the number of votes cast by readers for my blog. I am also very inspired and moved by the wonderful comments that voters had written about me and my blog.

Below are some of the voters' comments :

> She is a leading star for people with epilepsy. She has epilepsy and advocates knowledge about epilepsy to people who are ignorant of epilepsy. She has written articles regarding epilepsy awareness in local newspapers. She set up a booth in a shopping mall to distribute epilepsy pamphlets and materials to members of the public. (By Low G.)

>I think she should win the award because she is a very dedicated person in promoting epilepsy awareness. I believe her blog has brought great meaning to many epileptics as they strive to cope with their struggles related to epilepsy. In my case, I have learned a lot about what is epilepsy and the right steps needed to be taken in assisting (People With Epilepsy) PWE. (By Pinko E).

>I find her blog to be very informative and she knows her work very well. She is very dedicated to the issues related to epilepsy and she will be the most suitable candidate to be voted a " favourite health blogger". (By K Y Lim)

>Because she needs more attention talking out of her own experiences and helping others with the same condition as hers. (By Amy Smith)

>Serene channels her energy to share a lot of information about epilepsy with others through her blog. She is also very willing to help others who need help. These are admirable feats that will make life much more meaningful for many of us. (By Vic)

>Serene should win the award because she has conquered her epilepsy emotionally and had then dedicated many years to helping other epileptics. Her blog is just another small part of her strong desire to help others. She spends a lot of her time in charity organisations and also helped to organise fund raising campaigns in aid of the needy. (By Andy L)

>She speaks from her experiences. She knows what others like her have to undergo and more importantly, she wants to help! A truly compassionate person!. (By Cornelius Koh)

>I have been following your blog for quite some time. You have inspired me in so many ways and I just want to thank you for all the work you have done. (By Lindsey W)

>I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice Blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. (By Sarah)

I wish to thank everyone for being extremely supportive of my blog. You all have contributed very significantly towards the success of my blog. With your continued support this blog will go a long way to make lives more meaningful and easier for caregivers and people with epilepsy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write your comments here